There are a lot of ways that 15 year olds can make money. Some examples of easy money for 15 year olds include: babysitting, dog walking, and lawn mowing.
Usually, these jobs are easy to find and can be pretty rewarding. To help you find something that fits for you, I’ve compiled the top 25 easiest ways for 15 year olds to earn money below!
Easy Money for 15 Year Olds
1) Buying and Selling Used Items on eBay – This is one of the most popular ways for teens to earn some cash on their own time while still being able to have fun with friends or do homework in between bids. It’s also a great way for teens who want to start making some serious money because you can buy items from stores at reduced prices then sell them online- sometimes doubling your purchase price!
2) Designing Websites – If the teen in your life is computer savvy, they might be able to build you a website using WordPress. Sites like these are easy to setup and don’t cost much money- which means more profit for your 15 year old worker! The best place to get started building your own website is SiteGround.
3) Selling Personal Items on Craigslist – One of the most underrated ways to make money quickly is by posting pictures of personal items online with their asking price tagged along side it. People are always looking for items they need so if an item catches their eye, there’s a good chance that they’ll contact you about it. From there, you can meet up with them or ship it out to them!
4) Cleaning Houses – With gas prices being what they are, it’s no wonder that people would want to hire someone they know (or don’t – which is when you step in) to clean their house for them. Advertise your availability on sites like Craigslist or at school and see how many jobs you can pick up!
5) Sell Stuff on Facebook – With Facebook being so widespread, it’s no wonder that entrepreneurship is skyrocketing with teens. One of the easiest ways to sell things on Facebook Marketplace. You can either start your own group or search out one that allows people to buy and sell their stuff.
6) Tutoring – A lot of parents are looking for tutors these days either because they don’t have time to help their kid out with homework or because they just don’t have the knowledge themselves. Reach out to them in your community and if you’re successful, online tutoring can lead to some pretty steady pay!
7) Snow Removal – Removing snow is a tough job that pays well during the winter months. All you need is a shovel and a car and then you’ll be good to go after snowstorms hit your town! People will often want to contract this work out so try putting up signs around town where people are more likely to read them such as at the grocery store or post office.
8) Wash Cars – One of the most popular ways for teens to make money is by washing cars. It doesn’t require a huge investment so even if you don’t have a permanent space to wash cars, there are still options available to you.
9) Babysitting – The most popular way for 15 year olds to make money without having a job. If you’re good with kids, try putting up flyers at school or asking around to see if anyone in your neighborhood is looking for someone to watch their children after school!
10) Shovel Snow – This winters hottest new hire is shoveling snow. All you need is a shovel and the willingness to work hard! If possible, ask friends and family about their unplowed driveways so you can get ahead of the game before it even starts.
11) Dog Walking – One of the cooler ways that teenagers are making money today is through dog walking. As long as they have reliable transportation, dog owners will want someone like them to take care of their furry friend while they’re away at work.
12) Wash Cars – This is one of the most popular ways for teens to make money because who doesn’t like a clean car? All you need is a good investment in cleaning supplies and then somebody will be willing to pay you for all your hard work!
13) Hosting Events – Did your child recently take part in an event that would be appropriate for other people to attend? If so, why not try hosting it yourself and charging admission fees? It’s easy money and only requires a few hours of organizing and promoting.
14) Catering Services – Does your teen like cooking or baking? Why not start catering services out of their own kitchen!? Either share their skills with friends and family or make a more official post on Craigslist, Facebook, etc.
15) Make A Website – If you know how to code HTML (or even if you don’t) then why not try making your own website? It doesn’t cost too much and after you get the hang of it, the sky is really the limit when it comes to what can be accomplished online. I only use SiteGround to build my websites, and I recommend it completely.
16) Promote Other Businesses – If your teen is good at promoting things and convincing people to buy them, why not try asking local businesses if they want some help promoting their product or service? They might be surprised by how well your child can do and the extra exposure could really boost someone else’s business.
17) Lawn Mowing – One of the all-time classic teenage money making strategies. Get out early before everybody wakes up so you have even more options on who to cut lawns for.
18) Plant Flowers – A lot of people don’t realize this but planting flowers around their house is a great way to make money on the side. You can use them on appearance projects or even sell them at your friends and family’s houses!
19) Start A Blog – If you have a passion for anything, it doesn’t matter what, why not try starting a blog? Put up some ads and see if there are any companies willing to give you free products in exchange for an honest review!
20) Sell Customized Mixtapes – If your teen is into music production or even just creating playlists for friends or family they might want to start selling them! There’s no need to go out and buy expensive CDs when people will happily pay money for the ones you create.
21) Bike Repair – If your teen likes fixing things, try offering to fix people’s bikes for them. It doesn’t take too long and the money is pretty good, especially if you can do it quickly!
22) Sell Old Video Games And Movies – One of the easiest ways for someone to make money without having a job is by selling old video games and movies. There’s always somebody who wants to relive the past with an old favorite so why not try meeting them in that need?
23) Selling Homemade Jewelry – If your teen likes making jewelry but is bored of making stuff for themselves, why not ask friends and family if they want some custom made pieces? It’s quick work and you can probably still keep most of the money!
24) Promote A Clothing Company – Do you know anything about fashion? Then start promoting an online clothing company and get paid for all the marketing work you’re doing! Just make sure it’s something you actually care about.
25) Become A Product Tester – Companies will pay good money for people to try out their new products and then write an honest review about them. All you have to do is join a group, find the product testing opportunities that are available, and work your way into becoming one of these paid product testers!
If your teen is a lot younger, you might worry that they don’t have a lot of the skills necessary to make money. Luckily, that’s not always the case! There are plenty of ways for kids as young as 15 to make money around their neighborhood and they’re usually fairly easy jobs. Try some of them out and see which one works best for your child.